On Mar 2, 2004, at 5:54 AM, teknokrat wrote:

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 12:46:23PM +0000, teknokrat wrote:
I've read about the place. Would using -O3 be an improvement?
In my experience, it's not only not an improvement, it sometimes
breaks the code.  That's on 8, though, not 9.

thanks, i remember a thread about problems with flags passed to gcc on solaris. I was wondering if there had been any resolution and if the defaults for 7.4 are considered Ok.

Yes. The compile flags on solaris were fixed on 7.4. Previously it wasn't using any optimization flags.

--
Jeff Trout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match