In porting an application from v7.2 and v7.3, I noticed that a join on a varchar
column and a text column was ignoring indices that were helpful in v7.2. When I
explicitly cast the text to a varchar (or set ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO false) the index is
scanned and it works as efficiently as in v7.2.

Obviously there were many casting improvements made in 7.3, but our application
doesn't exactly see it that way. Is explicit casting the only solution (other than
schema modification)? I haven't found anything in the documentation on this subject.

Thanks,
Mike