Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> ILIKE is not somehow aware that it is equivalent to lower().

Is it?  Given the wild and wonderful behaviors of locales here and
there, I wouldn't want to assume that such an equivalence holds.

In particular I note that iclike() seems to be multibyte-aware while
lower() definitely is not.  Even if that's just a bug, it's a big leap
to assume that ILIKE is equivalent to LIKE on lower().  Think about
Turkish i/I, German esstet (did I spell that right?), ch in various
languages, etc etc.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster