Hi,

We have got a G5 64-bit processor to replace an old G4 32-bit processor. Given everything
else equal, should we see a big improvement on PG's performance?

The other question I have is that, when I tried different size for shared_buffer ( i used 10,000,
1,000, 528, 256) and Max connections=32, it gives me error when I tried to start PG using
pg_ctl start as postgres. It kept saying this is bigger than the system Shared Memory. So finally
I started PG using SystemStarter start PostgreSQL and it seems starting OK. Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

Qing Zhao

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster