J. Andrew Rogers wrote:

Do these features make a difference? Far more than you would imagine. On one postgres server I just upgraded, we went from a 3Ware 8x7200-RPM
RAID-10 configuration to an LSI 320-2 SCSI 3x10k RAID-5, with 256M

Is raid 5 much faster than raid 10? On a 4 disk array with 3 data disks and 1 parity disk, you have to write 4/3rds the original data, while on raid 10 you have to write 2 times the original data, so logically raid 5 should be faster.