Aaron,

> We are getting this error for other index's including primary key indexs
where we get OID page not found errors and the index corruption as posted
above.
> Sometimes when the index is broken it will cause run away searches which eat
up all the memory and the server needs to be restarted.

What version of PostgreSQL are you using?
Do you have frequent power-outs on the machine?
Have you tested for bad hard drive, controller, or memory?

Corruption of any kind on PostgreSQL is not normal.  It's usually indicative
of a hardware problem.

--
-Josh Berkus
 "A developer of Very Little Brain"