Greg Stark wrote:

Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Don't you think this will permit also to avoid extra disk seek and cache
invalidation? If you are updating the row (0,1) I think is less expensive
put the new version in (0,2) instead of thousand line far from that point.

Well if the other buffer "a thousand lines far from that point" is already in
ram, then no, there's no penalty at the time for storing it there.

I was wandering about the cache invalidation, may be the ram is big enough but I doubt about the cache, the recommendation in this case is to modify adjacent memory address instead of jumping.

Regards Gaetano Mendola