Igor Maciel Macaubas wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to find smarter ways to dig data from my database, and
have the following scenario:

table1 -- id -- name . . . . . .

table2 -- id -- number . . . . . .

I want to create a view to give me back just what I want: The id, the
name and the number. I tought in doing the following: create view
my_view as select t1.id, t1.name, t2.number from table1 as t1, table2
as t2 where t1.id = t2.id;

Will this be enough fast ? Are there a faster way to make it work ?! This table is mid-big, around 100K registers ..

That's as simple a way as you will find. If you apply further conditions, e.g.
SELECT * FROM my_view WHERE id = 123;
then you should see any index on "id" being used.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd