I gave -O3 a try with -funroll-loops, -fomit-frame-pointer and a few others. Seemed to perform about the same as the default -O2 so I just left it as -O2.

Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega wrote:
Hi Willian,

    Which are the GCC flags that you it used to compile PostgreSQL?

Best regards,

Gustavo Franklin Nóbrega
Infraestrutura e Banco de Dados
Planae Tecnologia da Informação
(+55) 14 3224-3066 Ramal 209
www.planae.com.br

I just finished upgrading the OS on our Opteron 148 from Redhat9 to
Fedora FC2 X86_64 with full recompiles of Postgres/Apache/Perl/Samba/etc.

The verdict: a definite performance improvement. I tested just a few CPU
intensive queries and many of them are a good 30%-50% faster.
Transactional/batch jobs involving client machines (i.e. include fixed
client/networking/odbc overhead) seem to be about 10%-20% faster
although I will need run more data through the system to get a better
feel of the numbers.

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster