We are using 7.4.5 on Solaris 9.

We have a couple tables (holding information about network sessions, for
instance) which don't need to persist beyond the life of the server, but while
the server is running they are heavily hit, insert/update/delete.

Temporary tables won't work for us because they are per-connection, and we are
using a thread pool, and session data could be accessed from multiple
connections.

Would 8.0 tablespaces, with a tablespace placed on a RAM disk be a potential
solution for this? I have used RAM disks for disk caches in the past, but I
don't know if there are any special issues with defining a tablespace that way.

Thanks.

- DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks    (401) 709-5130