From: Alexander Borkowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 21 December 2004 10:09 AM
To: Theo Galanakis
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] PG Logging is Slow

Theo,

 >      I tried the -/var/log/postgresql.log option however I noticed no
 > performance improvement. May be the fact that we use redhad linux and  > syslog, I'm no sys-admin, so I'm not sure if there is a difference

between
 > syslogd and syslog.

Did you restart syslogd (that's the server process implementing the
syslog (= system log) service) after you changed its configuration?

In order to do so, try running

/etc/init.d/syslog restart

as root from a commandline.

HTH

Alex

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone. You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.