Hi ,

I am experiencing a very bad performance on my production database lately , all my queries are slowing down. Our application is a webbased system with lot of selects and updates. I am running "vacuumdb" daily on all the databases, are the below postgres configuration parameters are set properly ? can anyone take a look. Let me know if you need anymore information.

Postgres Version: 7.4 Operating System: Linux Red Hat 9 Cpus: 2 Hyperthreaded RAM: 4 gb Postgres Settings: max_fsm_pages | 20000 max_fsm_relations | 1000 shared_buffers | 65536 sort_mem | 16384 vacuum_mem | 32768 wal_buffers | 64 effective_cache_size | 393216

Thanks!
Pallav

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster