From: Josh Berkus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:02 PM
To: Bruno Almeida do Lago
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Peformance Tuning Opterons/ Hard Disk Layout

> For example, 150 active connections on a medium-end
> 32-bit Linux server will consume significant system resources, and 600 is
> about the limit."

That, is, "is about the limit for a medium-end 32-bit Linux server".
if the implication didn't translate well.   If you use beefier hardware, of
course, you can manage more connections; personally I've never needed more
than 1000, even on a web site that gets 100,000 d.u.v.

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

      joining column's datatypes do not match