Hi Tom.  I referenced the status line of pgAdmin.  Per the pgAdmin help file:

"The status line will show how long the last query took to complete. If a dataset was returned, not only the elapsed time for server execution is displayed, but also the time to retrieve the data from the server to the Data Output page."

Lou

"Lou O'Quin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> it appears to actually be hypersensitive to the transport delay. The =
> ratios of time for the data transport (assuming 1 for the local server) =
> are:
> 1 : 2.43 : 7.71

> whereas the query execution time ratios are:
> 1 : 2.08 : 25.5  (!!!)

How do you know that's what the data transport time is --- ie, how can
you measure that separately from the total query time?