The version that shipped with 8.0 should be fine. The only version that had the problem Tom referred to are in the early 7.4.x releases.

Did you get my other message about information from the stats system (I'm not sure why my other post has yet to show up on the performance list).

Otto Blomqvist wrote:

Sorry about that. I'm Running 8.0.0 on Linux Redhat 8.0

"Tom Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

"Otto Blomqvist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Over 100'000 Index Rows removed, 300'000 unused item pointers ? How

autovacuum let this happen ?

What PG version is this?

(The earlier autovacuum releases had some bugs with large tables, thus
the question...)

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend