On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 09:12:41PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have never heard anyone talk about it, but it seems useful.  I think
> compressing the page images written on first page modification since
> checkpoint would be a big win.

Could you clarify that? Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems like you
could just put a compression routine between the log writer and the
filesystem.

> Is this a TODO?

ISTM it's at least worth hacking something together and doing some
performance testing...
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant               [EMAIL PROTECTED]