Steve Poe wrote:
I have a small business client that cannot afford high-end/high quality
RAID cards for their next server. That's a seperate argument/issue right
there for me, but what the client wants is what the client wants.

Has anyone ran Postgres with software RAID or LVM on a production box?
What have been your experience?

I would not run RAID + LVM in a software scenario. Software RAID is fine however.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

I don't forsee more 10-15 concurrent sessions running for an their OLTP
application.

Thanks.

Steve Poe

               http://archives.postgresql.org