Mark Rinaudo wrote:
I'm running the Redhat Version of Postgresql which came pre-installed
with Redhat ES. It's version number is 7.3.10-1.  I'm not sure what
options it was compiled with. Is there a way for me to tell?

`pg_config --configure` in recent releases.

Should i just compile my own postgresql for this platform?

Yes, I would. 7.4 was the first release to include support for proper spinlocks on AMD64.

(From a Redhat POV, it would probably be a good idea to patch 7.3 to include the relatively trivial changes needed for decent AMD64 performance, assuming that shipping a more recent version of PG with ES isn't an option.)

-Neil