Quoting Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Kim Bisgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > W.r.t. your rewrite of the query, I get this "ERROR:  could not devise a
> > query plan for the given query" but no further details - I will try google
>
> Which PG version are you using again?  That should be fixed in 7.4.3
> and later.
>
>                       regards, tom lane

Its 7.4.1. I am in the process (may take a while yet) of installing 8.0.3 on the
same hardware in order to have a parallel system. Time is a finite meassure :-)

I must admit I would rather have the first query perform, that have this
workaround function ;-)

Regards,
Kim.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend