AFAIK, the problem was the buffer manager

Dave
On 23-Jun-05, at 9:46 AM, Radu-Adrian Popescu wrote:

Dave Cramer wrote:

My understanding is that it isn't particularly XEON processors that is the problem Any dual processor will exhibit the problem, XEON's with hyperthreading exacerbate the problem though
and the good news is that it has been fixed in 8.1

Where's that ? The only information I have is a message from Tom Lane saying the buffer manager (or something like that) locking has been redone for 8.0. Any pointers ?

Dave

Thanks,
--
Radu-Adrian Popescu