On Jul 13, 2005, at 2:17 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

Could you come up w/ a test case that others could reproduce where
explain isn't returning?

This was simply due to my n00bness :) I had always been doing explain analyze, instead of just explain. Next time one of these queries comes up, I will be sure to do the explain without analyze.

FYI that update query I mentioned in the initial thread just finished after updating 8.3 million rows.

-Dan

      match