Bruce Momjian wrote:
Agha Asif Raza wrote:

Is there any MS-SQL Server like 'Profiler' available for PostgreSQL? A profiler is a tool that monitors the database server and outputs a detailed trace of all the transactions/queries that are executed on a database during a specified period of time. Kindly let me know if any of you knows of such a tool for PostgreSQL.
Agha Asif Raza

Sure see log_statement in postgresql.conf.  There are a lot of settings
in there to control what is logged.

There's nothing really comparable at the moment, but some tasks can be done with log_statement. I'm planning to implement a full-blown profiling like MSSQL's, but don't expect this too soon (I'm thinking about this for a year now. So many plans, so little time).

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend