On 2 Sep 2005, at 10:42, Richard Huxton wrote:

Ricardo Humphreys wrote:

Hi all.
In a cluster, is there any way to use the main memory of the other nodes instead of the swap? If I have a query with many sub- queries and a lot of data, I can easily fill all the memory in a node. The point is: is there any way to continue using the main memory from other nodes in the same query instead of the swap?

I don't know of any clustered version of PG that can spread queries over multiple machines. Can I ask what you are using?

IIRC GreenPlums DeepGreen MPP (Version 2) can do it. It does cost money though, but it is a very nice product.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

      match