From: Tom Lane [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:15 PM

To: Anu Kucharlapati

Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org; Owen Blizzard

Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Deadlock Issue with PostgreSQL

"Anu Kucharlapati" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Red Hat Linux release 7.3

> Apache 1.3.20

> PostgreSQL 7.1.3

I'm not sure about Apache, but both the RHL and Postgres versions

you are using are stone age --- *please* update.  Red Hat stopped

supporting that release years ago, and the PG community isn't

supporting 7.1.* anymore either.  There are too many known problems

in 7.1.* that are unfixable without a major-version upgrade.