Hi Jim,

Jim C. Nasby wrote:
Also, just because no one else has mentioned it, remember that it's very
easy to get MySQL into a mode where you have no data integrity. If
that's the case it's going to be faster than PostgreSQL (though I'm not
sure how much that affects the performance of SELECTs).

Yes indeed. When I added the REFERENCES to the schema and reran the conversion scripts, aside from having to reorder the table creation and loading (they used to be in alphabetical order), I also found a few referential integrity errors in the MySQL data.

Joe

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster