What's goin on pg-people?

I have a table PRODUCTIONS that is central to the DB and ties a lot of other
information together:

PRODUCTIONS (table)
----------------------------------
prod_id         primary key
type_id         foreign key
level_id                foreign key
tour_id         foreign key
show_id         foreign key
venue_id                foreign key
title                   varchar(255); not null indexed
version         char;
details         text
open_date               date
close_date              date
preview_open    date
preview_close   date
perform_tot             int
preview_tot             int
park_info               text
phone_nos               text
some_other_info text
seating_info    text
this                    text
that                    text
create_tstmp    timestamptz; NOW()
mod_tstmp               timestamptz;triggered
delete_tstmp    timestamptz;default null
is_complete             bool

As it stands now, there are approximately 25-30 columns on the table. Since
this table is very central to the database, would it be more efficient to
break some of the columns (especially the TEXT ones) out into a separate
INFO table since some queries on the web will not care about all of these
text columns anyway? I know that pg can handle A LOT more columns and if
there IS no performance hit for keeping them all on the same table, I would
like to do that because the relation between PRODUCTIONS and the INFO will
always be 1-to-1.

My implementation of this INFO table would look a little somethin' like
this:

PROD_INFO (table)
-------------------------------
prod_id         pkey/fkey
open_date               date
close_date              date
preview_open    date
preview_close   date
perform_tot             int
preview_tot             int
park_info               text
phone_nos               text
some_other_info text
seating_info    text
this                    text
that                    text
(the rest would stay in in the original PRODUCTIONS table)

I am open to ANY suggestions, criticisms, mockery, etc.

Thanks,

Aaron