Steinar,

which seems to make sense; you have one run of about 257ms, plus 514 runs
taking about 0.035ms each (ie. about 18ms), which should add up to become
about 275ms (which is close enough to the reality of 281ms).

Yep. The line that disturbed me was the bitmap index scan with a cost of "actual time=254.143..254.143". I was more looking for something like "actual time=0..254.143" which is what I usually have for an index scan. So I suppose that the bitmap index scan returns rows only when it's totally computed.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

--
Guillaume