Svenne Krap wrote:
Hi there.

I am currently building a system, where it would be nice to use multiple levels of views upon each other (it is a staticstics system, where traceability is important).

Is there any significant performance reduction in say 10 levels of views instead of one giant, nested sql-statement ? I especially think exection planner-wise.

The planner tries to push conditions "inside" views where it can. It's not perfect though, and if you're writing a big query by hand you might be able to do better than it.

In short, I'd test if you can.
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd