Steve Wampler wrote:

Is the performance behavior that we're experiencing a known
problem with 7.2 that has been addressed in 7.4?  Or will the
upgrade fix other problems while leaving this one?

I'm pretty sure that in versions earlier than 7.4, IN clauses that use a subquery will always use a seqscan, regardless of what indexes are available. If you try an IN using explicit values though, it should use the index.

Thanks
Leigh

      match