On Mar 20, 2006, at 2:44 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:

For my use it was worth the price.  However, given the speed increase
of other components since then, I don't think I'd buy one today.
Parallelism (if you can do it like Luke suggested) is the way to go.

Thats an interesting statement.  My personal opionion is that SSD will
ultimately take over the database storage market as well as most
consumer level devices for primary storage. except perhaps for very

I tend to agree with you that perhaps one day when the $$ are right, but that day is not today.

      match