Jim Nasby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Jun 13, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm ... worksforme.  Could you provide a complete test case?

> decibel=# create table date_test(d date not null, i int not null);
> [etc]

Not sure what you are driving at.  The estimates are clearly not
defaults (the default estimate would be 1/3rd of the table, or
about 100mil rows).  Are you expecting them to be the same?  If so why?
The comparison values are slightly different after all.

                        regards, tom lane

               http://archives.postgresql.org