On 20-10-2006 22:33 Ben Suffolk wrote:
How about the Fujitsu Siemens Sun Clones? I have not really looked at them but have heard the odd good thing about them.

Fujitsu doesn't build Sun clones! That really is insulting for them ;-) They do offer Sparc-hardware, but that's a bit higher up the market.

On the other hand, they also offer nice x86-server hardware. We've had our hands on a RX300 (2U, dual woodcrest, six 3.5" sas-bays, integraded lsi-logic raid-controller) and found it to be a very nice machine.

But again, they also offer (the same?) Broadcom networking on board. Just like Dell and HP. And it is a LSI Logic sas-controller on board, so if FBSD has trouble with either of those, its hard to find anything suitable at all in the market.

Best regards,

Arjen

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster