On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 07:48:06AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
I'd be curious to see -O2 with and without the arch-specific flags, since that's mostly what the discussion is about.

That came across more harshly than I intended; I apologize for that. It's certainly a useful data point to compare the various optimization levels.

I'm rerunning the tests with gcc 4.1.2 and another platform to see if that makes any difference.

Mike Stone