[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        We were looking on how to improve the performance of our
application which is using PostgreSQL as backend.    If postgreSQL is
supporting data page caching in the shared memory then we wanted to
design our application to read/write using the shared memory rather than
accessing the DB everytime so that, it will improve the performance of
our system.

That's a bad idea. Just design your database schema with performance in mind, and use PostgreSQL normally with SQL queries. If you must, use a general-purpose caching library in your application, instead of trying to peek into PostgreSQL internals.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas