Tobias Brox wrote:
I have my postgres munin monitoring script at
http://oppetid.no/~tobixen/pg_activity.munin.txt (had to suffix it with
.txt to make the local apache happy).

I would like to see what others have done as well.

Well, I use Perl rather than shell, but that's just me.

The main difference is that although I downloaded a couple of simple pg-monitoring scripts from the web, I've concentrated on monitoring the application(s) instead. Things like:
 - number of news items posted
 - searches run
 - logins, logouts

The main limitation with it for me is the fixed 5-min time interval. It provides a slight irritation that I've got hourly/daily cron jobs that are being monitored continually.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate