Robins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> If and when you do come up with a solution, please do post some details
> about them here... (i say that coz it seems that for obvious reasons, things
> must have gone off air after tom's last email, and one can understand that).
> But an analysis, or atleast a pointer may be of help to someone (like me)
> reading this list.

Oh, sorry, the subsequent discussion moved over to pgsql-hackers:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-04/msg00621.php
and -patches:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-04/msg00374.php

Those are good places to look if a discussion on -bugs or other lists
seems to tail off...

                        regards, tom lane

PS: the reason I couldn't reproduce the behavior was just that the dummy
data I was using didn't have the right statistics.

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate