Paweł Gruszczyński wrote:
To test I use pgBench with default database schema, run for 25, 50, 75 users at one time. Every test I run 5 time to take average. Unfortunetly my result shows that ext is fastest, ext3 and jfs are very simillar. I can understand that ext2 without jurnaling is faster than ext3, it is said that jfs is 40 - 60% faster. I cant see the difference. Part of My results: (transaction type | scaling factor | num of clients | tpl | num on transactions | tps including connection time | tps excliding connection time)

EXT2:

TPC-B (sort of),50,75,13,975|975,338.286682,358.855582

Can anyone tell me what`s wrong with my test? Or maybe it is normal?

With a scaling factor of 50, your database size is ~ 1 GB, which fits comfortably in your RAM. You're not exercising your drives or filesystem much. Assuming you haven't disabled fsync, the performance of that test is bound by the speed your drives can flush WAL commit records to disk.

I wouldn't expect the filesystem to make a big difference anyway, but you'll see..

--
  Heikki Linnakangas

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate