Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:10:48AM +0000, Andres Retzlaff wrote:
Hi Magnus,

in this case each CPU goes up to 50%, giveing me 50% total usage. I was specting as you say 1 query 100% cpu.

Any ideas?

No. 1 query will only use 100% of *one* CPU, which means 50% total usage.
You need at least one query per CPU to reach full 100% of the whole system.
(Actually, you can get slightly above 50% since the query will run on one
CPU and the OS and autovacuum and bgwriter can run on the other. But it's
marginally)

//Magnus

I would think that as you are sitting and watching the cpu usage, your query would seem to taking a while to run, leading me to wonder if you are getting a full table scan that is causing pg to wait for disk response?

Or are you running a long list of steps that take a while?

--

Shane Ambler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz