On 5/3/07, Greg Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Today's survey is:  just what are *you* doing to collect up the
information about your system made available by the various pg_stat views?
I have this hacked together script that dumps them into a file, imports
them into another database, and then queries against some of the more
interesting data.  You would thing there would be an organized project
addressing this need around to keep everyone from reinventing that wheel,
but I'm not aware of one.

I have a bunch of plugin scripts for Munin
(http://munin.projects.linpro.no/) that collect PostgreSQL statistics.
Graphs like this are useful:

 http://purefiction.net/paste/pg_munin_example.png

I have been considering tarring them up as a proper release at some
point. Anyone interested?

Alexander.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq