On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

I would note that if you track through the other results that we indeed beat MySQL ;)

There's just enough hardware differences between the two configurations that it's not quite a fair fight. For example, the MySQL test had 10K RPM drives in the database server storage array, while the PostgreSQL one had 15K RPM ones. A few other small differences as well if you dig into the configurations, all of which I noted favored the PG system.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate