--On Samstag, September 08, 2007 12:39:37 -0400 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

However, it seems like the point here is not so much "can you recover
your data" as what a commit means.  Do you want a commit reported to the
client to mean the data is safely down to disk in both places, or only
one?

Yeah, that's what i meant to say. DRBD provides a handful other tweaks besides changing the sync protocol, i'd start with them first. You can get back experimenting with the sync protocol if there are still performance issues then. I don't hesitate changing to B as long as I'm aware that it changed semantics and I can deal with them.

--
 Thanks

                   Bernd