Bill Moran wrote:

We vacuum only a few of our tables nightly, this one is the last one because it takes longer to run. I'll probably re-index it soon, but I would appreciate any advice on how to speed up the vacuum process (and the db in general).

I doubt anyone can provide meaningful advice without the output of
vacuum verbose.

The cron job is still running
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -d imperial -t stock.fdata -v -z > /usr/local/pgsql/bin/fdata.txt
I'll post the output when it's finished.

Ron

      match