On Nov 6, 2007, at 12:53 , Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

Le mardi 06 novembre 2007, Tore Halset a écrit :
1) Dell 2900 (5U)
8 * 146 GB SAS 15Krpm 3,5"
8GB ram
Perc 5/i. battery backup. 256MB ram.
2 * 4 Xeon 2,66GHz

In fact you can add 2 hot-plug disks on this setup, connected to the
frontpane. We've bought this very same model with 10 15 rpm disks some weeks
ago, and it reached production last week.

So we have 2 OS raid1 disk (with /var/backups and /var/log --- pg_log), 2
raid1 disk for WAL and 6 disks in a RAID10, the 3 raids managed by the
included Perc raid controller. So far so good!

Interesting. Do you have any benchmarking numbers? Did you test with software raid 10 as well?

Regards,
 - Tore.