Michael Stone wrote:
On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 12:27:39PM +1200, kelvan wrote:
I have also learnt and also Richard pointed out just not in so many words the difference in support from a open source community compared to a non open source company is that the people who give support in open source are opinionated rather than concise meaning they will give you their opinion rather than answering the question

No, the difference is that the paid support *has to* give *an* answer.

Good lord what a bizarre paragraph. Michael is right, paid support *has to* give *an* answer and I guarantee you that the answer will be opinionated.

There are very little right and wrong in the world of software. It is mostly one pedantic opinion versus another pedantic opinion.

I get paid everyday to offer my opinion :)

Joshua D. Drake

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate