2008/8/8 Scott Marlowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> noatime turns off the atime write behaviour.  Or did you already know
> that and I missed some weird post where noatime somehow managed to
> slow down performance?

Scott, I'm quite aware of what noatime does ... you didn't miss a post, but
if you look at Mark's graphs on
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HP_ProLiant_DL380_G5_Tuning_Guide
they pretty much all indicate that (unless I completely misinterpret the
meaning and purpose of the labels), independent of the file-system,
using noatime slows read/writes down (on average).

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.