Am 12.08.2008 um 17:04 schrieb Bill Moran:

We chose UUID as PK because there is still some information in an
integer key.
You can see if a user has registered before someone else (user1.id <
user2.id)
or you can see how many new users registered in a specific period of
time
(compare the id of the newest user to the id a week ago). This is
information
which is in some cases critical.

So you're accidentally storing critical information in magic values
instead of storing it explicitly?

Good luck with that.

How do I store critical information? I was just saying that it easy
to get some information out of a primary key which is an incrementing
integer. And it makes sense, in some rare cases, to have a PK which
is some kind of random like UUIDs where you cannot guess the next value.

moritz