On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, I wrote:
release-16.0-preview-14-mar=# \d location
       Table "public.location"
    Column      |  Type   | Modifiers
-----------------+---------+-----------
end             | integer |
start           | integer |
objectid        | integer |
id              | integer | not null
   "location__object" btree (objectid, id)
   "location__start" btree (start)
   "location_bioseg" gist (bioseg_create(intermine_start, intermine_end))

So, it would be useful if we could make the location_bioseg index a multi-column index, like this:

CREATE INDEX location_bioseg3 ON location USING GIST (objectid,
bioseg_create(intermine_start, intermine_end));

However, I get the following error message:

ERROR:  data type integer has no default operator class for access method "gist"
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default
operator class for the data type.

Is there an operator class for integer for gist indexes that I can use?

Matthew

--
And why do I do it that way? Because I wish to remain sane. Um, actually,
maybe I should just say I don't want to be any worse than I already am.