On 6/24/10 4:19 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Excerpts from Craig James's message of jue jun 24 19:03:00 -0400 2010:

select relname, pg_relation_size(relname) from pg_class
          where pg_get_userbyid(relowner) = 'emol_warehouse_1'
          and relname not like 'pg_%'
          order by pg_relation_size(relname) desc;
ERROR:  relation "rownum_temp" does not exist

emol_warehouse_1=>  select relname from pg_class where relname = 'rownum_temp';
         relname
----------------------
   rownum_temp
(1 row)

What's the full row?  I'd just add a "WHERE relkind = 'r'" to the above
query anyway.

Thanks, in fact that works.  But my concern is that these are system tables and
system functions and yet they seem to be confused.  I've used this query dozens
of times and never seen this behavior before.  It makes me really nervous...

Craig

P.S. Sorry I got the Subject wrong the first time by hitting the REPLY key
mindlessly, I've changed it now.