On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 07:48, selvi88 <selvi....@gmail.com> wrote:

> My requirement is more than 15 thousand queries will run,
> It will be 5000 updates and 5000 insert and rest will be select.

What IO system are you running Postgres on? With that kind of writes you
should be really focusing on your storage solution.

> Each query will be executed in each psql client, (let say for 15000 queries
> 15000 thousand psql connections will be made).

You will benefit from a connection pooler. Try fiddling with
maximum_connections till you hit a sweet spot. Probably you should start
with 20 connections and go up till you see your tps decrease.

Still, without deeply looking into your storage I wonder if you'll ever
reach your TPS objective.