17.09.11 23:01, Stefan Keller написав(ла):
* more... ?
What I miss from my DB2 UDB days are buffer pools. In PostgreSQL terms this would be part of shared buffers dedicated to a relation or a set of relations. When you have a big DB (not fitting in memory) you also usually want some small tables/indexes be in memory, no matter what other load DB has.
Complimentary features are:
1) Relations preloading at startup - ensure this relation are in memory.
2) Per buffer pool (or relation) page costs - tell it that this indexes/tables ARE in memory

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.